What is Sound Therapy?
Sound therapy, also known as sound healing is one of the oldest forms of healing known to man. Sound healing is the therapeutic application of sound frequencies to the body/mind of people with the intention of bringing them into a state of harmony and health.
Sound frequencies have an effect on how we feel, which is evident in our daily lives whereby certain songs bring out certain emotions in us. The use of singing bowls in sound therapy is meant to create sound frequencies that brings our brain waves to a deeply restorative state, which helps us to being in a state of relaxation. In the process, it activates the body’s function of self-healing.
Science of Sound Therapy – How Does It Work
Illness is a manifestation of dis-harmony within the body—an imbalance in the cells or a given organ. Since all matter is energy vibrating at different rates, by altering the rate of vibration we can change the structure of matter.
All parts of your body possess a different resonant frequency. When an organ, or another part of the body, is vibrating “out of tune” or non-harmoniously, it is called “dis-ease”. A body is in a healthy state when each cell and each organ resonate in harmony with the whole being.
Using Tibetan Singing Bowls for healing is based on the idea that all illness or disease is characterized by a hindrance to the flow of energy in the body. When energy flow is hindered, the organ or tissue in question stops vibrating at a healthy frequency, and thus it results in weakness or illness. The sound frequencies created by Tibetan Singing Bowls restore and optimise the flow of energy in the parts of the body where this is required.
1. The physical effect of vibrations on the body:
• Deep relaxation and muscle regeneration
• Pain relief for joints, muscles, sciatica, headache and migraine, the digestive system, shoulders, improved blood circulation
• Better digestion
• Atoms, molecules, cells, tissues and organs function in a more synchronised way
• Better energy flow
• Elimination of toxins from the body
• Better immune system
2. The mental/emotional effect of vibrations on the body:
• Relaxed mind, mental/emotional tensions and blockages are eased
• Better concentration
• Inner feelings are activated and released
• More energy and strength in everyday life
• Alleviated mental or emotional pain
• Improved self-confidence, boosted creative and productive potential
3. The spiritual effect of vibrations on the body:
• A positive feeling of self
• Better balance and harmony in your life
• Experiences of bliss
• Cleansing of chakras (energetic centres)
• A higher frequency reaches our innermost essence, which boosts our energy and our vibrational level
• The way to a more intense and higher vibration of love is open
What to expect at a sound therapy session?
Dress comfortably and be immersed in the soothing sound produced by the practitioners playing the singing bowls as you lie down on the floor or a yoga mat.
Aside from singing bowls, some practitioners use instruments like gongs and tuning forks.
2 Sound Therapy Practitioners You Can Go To In Singapore
1. Going Prakriti
Address: Geylang Road Singapore 389242
Other outlets include Bishan Singapore 570233
Contact: +65 8774 7599
Click here to book your appointment.
2. The Senses Therapy
Address: 228A South Bridge Road Singapore 058777
Contact: +65 8837 9715
Click here to book your appointment.
How can Lexly help?
With our verified practitioners such as Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Sports Massage Therapists, TCM and more, Lexly seeks to help you better understand your treatment options. Browse our website to find out more about what treatments our practitioners offer or find a chiropractor near you.